Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Term Four!

Kia ora All,

I hope you've had a great holiday break and are ready to rock 'n' roll for one more term. Here are some important announcements for the oncoming term:
  • This term our inquiry focus is "Diggers and Planters". As part of the study we'll be growing our own seedlings. Many students have been experimenting with New World Little Gardens, so we'll be looking at branching out (pardon the pun) and growing a regular seed from scratch. If you have any expertise in this field please talk to your child about how to do it as I have no idea...
  • At the end of last term I did a maths test to see where the students are at with their number knowledge. I'll be working on some stuff around this in class this term, but I've also set a bunch of Maths Buddy tasks covering gaps I found. Some students will have really a lot of lessons set - I'd recommend making sure you have regular Maths Buddy time set aside as part of your home learning. 
Enjoy the rest of the holiday break.

Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment