Week 8 is upon us! This week I'm trying to get some things finished: inquiry, strand maths, concert etc. Here is a general rundown of what we're up to and some home learning ideas. Doing all these things is not realistic, but you could choose 1 - 2 things from the list to complete with your child over the week.
- Maths - we're measuring length and area over the next 2 or so weeks. We'll also be mapping and graphing what we measure. You could measure the rooms in your house and use Google draw to make a scale map. Alternatively, students could draw a scale map of their bedrooms.
- Maths Buddy Action Plan.
- Writing / reading - we'll be focussing on narrative structure, theme, character development and setting over the coming weeks. You could sit down and write a story with your child for home learning if you like.
- Alternatively, you could read a short story and discuss what the problem in the story was and what the solution to that problem was. Or you could list the things that you know about the main character.
- As you're no doubt aware, students have a spelling list which they test and compile weekly. Spelling is always a classic home learning task.
- Inquiry - students are up to the point where they've come up with their own questions to research. This part of inquiry is always messy and helping your child research as part of home learning is recommended.